Every computer on the Internet has a unique IP address allotted to it which makes it possible to trace it back to its exact location. However, there are ways to hide IP address online! In this post, I will discuss some of the popular ways to hide your IP address so that your identity and privacy are kept safe.
How to Hide Your IP?
Following are some of the most common ways to hide IP address on the Internet:
1. Using a VPN Proxy – Safe and Secure Way to Hide IP
Using a trusted VPN proxy service is by far the best way to conceal your IP address online. Here is a list of most popular VPN services that will hide your IP address:
- Hide My Ass VPN – Hide My Ass is one of the most popular and trusted VPN service that allows people to easily conceal IP address and protect their online privacy.
- VyprVPN – VyprVPN offers the world’s fastest VPN services that allows people to easily conceal their real IP.
Following are some of the advantages of using a VPN to hide your IP address:
- In addition to hiding your IP, a VPN is very fast, offers high performance and encrypts all your web traffic to keep you safe from hackers and intruders.
- You have a long list of countries and states to select your desired IP address location.
- By selecting an IP address of your choice, a VPN allows you to easily access restricted websites that are not available for your country.
Why Hide IP Address?
Following are some of the reasons why people want to hide their IP address:
- By hiding the IP address, one can browse anonymously.
- To access websites that are not available to the IP address of a particular Geo location.
- To stay safe from hackers by showing a fake IP to the outside world while keeping real IP concealed.
- Hiding IP means hiding Geo location.
- Hiding IP prevents leaving a digital footprint.
2. Web Based Proxies
This is another popular way to quickly hide IP address on the Internet. Following are some of the popular web based proxies to conceal your IP address:
The downside of using these free proxy services to mask your IP address is that most of them are overloaded and are too slow to use. In addition, your security and privacy may get compromised during the usage.